Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hobby


Some days back I was sitting alone in my room and don’t know from where things started coming into my mind about last 2.5yrs of mine when I started my carrier and I found that from last about 9 - 10 months I am actually doing nothing except for thinking about my future when I will buy car, home, when will I get promotion etc. etc. as we all generally think and nothing wrong in thinking this. Then I realized that what  I am doing nothing for myself and I am so busy in these things that I don’t have time for myself. Suddenly a question stroked in my mind “what’s my hobby?” And to my utter surprise I really don’t know now what I really like to do now? As in my childhood I love to play video games then migrated rather upgraded myself to computer games though I love them today as well. Then I started loving programming and hence I am a software engineer now.

Even after thinking this stuff I felt energetic and felt that I should do something for myself and I started creating a small tool which makes the simple BL (Business Layer), DAL (Data Access Layer) and basic add, update and delete stored procedures from the database you provide to it.

So, this way I get myself back and thought why not to share my experience with all of you my friends as it helped me it might help you in getting yourself happy.

Hobby simply a five character word but when you actually think about it seriously you will find that either what you are thinking is your hobby it’s not or if it’s actually is then you are loosing it in your busy life.
Hobby is something that makes you feel good, after doing which you will feel happy, proud and relaxed. It gives you more power with which you can face so many of your life’s difficulties and the best part is that this power is already there inside you the only thing your hobby can do is give you that time in which you can actually collect it before start fighting you hard situations.

Hobby can be anything from collecting stamps and coins to driving fighter planes but what actually matters is that how much faithful you are with your hobby. How dedicatedly you improve it so, for example if my hobby is collecting coins than if I am dedicated towards my hobby I will have the coins from ancient times to present and I will try to collect other countries coins as well and hence will improve myself.
For me the best way to find what you like is to sit alone and think about all the things and the thing that you like the most is your hobby for me I found that I love three things to do:
1) Computer Programming
2) Playing computer games
3) Photography (which I actually never dedicatedly followed)

This will not be a complete this blog until we all complete it. Complete the blog by giving your ways of finding one’s hobbies as this can make someone happy.

Also, as this is my first blog and I am really a newbie so, help me improving my presentation of blogs.

--
 Amit Kohli

6 comments:

  1. its really nice... keep it up... !!! waiting for othr article tooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot for your comment divya you will sure find more here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice thoughts there pal. as you said, there's a lot that needs to be done... and together we'll surely do it for your blog.

    keep writing... it's really good to see such un-complicated, simple and heart felt feelings online these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thnks a lot sajal.. really need help from everyone of you my friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging.
    old age homes in miyapur

    ReplyDelete